Clownfish won't eat NLS Probiotix Pellets

mcgullen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I really hope my 2 clownfish would take NLS Probiotix for the probiotics in it. :(

But they just won't touch it. They would affirmatively turn away whenever they realize a pellet is NLS and not Hikari Marine S or Fauna Marin soft clownfish food, which they gobble.

I have tried starving them for a day then feeding NLS. No luck. They would sniff and turn away.

I have tried tricking them by soaking NLS in thawed brine shrimp. This works to a small degree. The clownfish would try really hard to expel the NLS part and ingest brine shrimp only. I have tried galic guard. No luck at all.

Would love to hear it if you have had success getting your fish to accept a new pellet.

Thanks!

OP
OP
mcgullen

mcgullen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of fish species just don't like NLS.
IMG_20220518_161209.jpg

Want to add also my acanthophyllia would spit out NLS probiotix completely undigested. This has not happened to other sunken fish pellets that I recycle by feeding to my micromussa and acanthophyllia instead.

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a tub of old NLS pellets that I'm going to use as lawn fertilizer. I wouldn't be surprised to find all the pellets in a neat pile on my porch the next morning.

OP
OP
mcgullen

mcgullen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a tub of old NLS pellets that I'm going to use as lawn fertilizer. I wouldn't be surprised to find all the pellets in a neat pile on my porch the next morning.
This is really odd. My clownfish never rejected any pellets before. Would give it one last try tmr. If it still doesn't work, it gets trashed.

OP
OP
mcgullen

mcgullen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try chromoboost pellets I might have spelt it wrong
TDO Chroma Boost. My clownfish love them. But NLS claims to have probiotics. So I was hoping my fish would eat it for the so-called "proven health benefits".

The Farmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea that’s the only ones I use with hikari alge pellets for dry food

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back