Clownfish

Embrey10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my female clown has started to swim lathargic near my heater i bought them as a pair they were drip acclimated over 30 min period. ph 8.1 0 ammonia Onitries Onitrates she will do this swim to the middle of the tank for a short period then come back to her corner what could be the cause in odd behavior less. they were eating soon after adding them to the tank. the female come out when feeding but not too far.

Attachments

• IMG_0090.mov
    20.9 MB

Fish Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

If this fish was just added, it may be a bit stressed and just needs more time to become accustomed to your tank. Turning the lights down may help reduce stress.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
my female clown has started to swim lathargic near my heater i bought them as a pair they were drip acclimated over 30 min period. ph 8.1 0 ammonia Onitries Onitrates she will do this swim to the middle of the tank for a short period then come back to her corner what could be the cause in odd behavior less. they were eating soon after adding them to the tank. the female come out when feeding but not too far.
Very typical spot when newly introduced and mat be intimidated by the other clown.

OP
OP
E

Embrey10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

If this is was just added, it may be a bit stressed and just needs more time to become accustomed to your tank. Turning the lights down may help reduce stress.
i turned my lighting down to 30%, was almost immediately she came out of the corner but then returned. seems more active with the light down. with them being new will i have to introduce them to the lights over time ?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back