Clownfish

Discussion in 'Fish Discussion' started by Weichenthalc, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Weichenthalc

Weichenthalc Member

What does everybody make of this... male clownfish has his ovipositor down but female does not and they really aren't cleaning rocks just sort of pecking here and there

Tags:

2. crabs_mcjones

crabs_mcjones Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Zack K likes this.
  3. dbl

dbl It Takes Less Energy to be Nice Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

My expert opinion is that clowns are weird...lol. You'll obviously want to wait for a possibly more scientific answer!!! :confused:

Zack K likes this.
  4. Weichenthalc

Weichenthalc Member

Well I know they're weird but the tube shouldn't be down... weird or not has to be a reason for that they are 2 years old so at the age of ready to spawn.

5. divetoday

divetoday Member

Maybe he’s just showing off! LOL Sorry, just struck me funny at the end of a long day. Good luck with him, hope all is well.

Weichenthalc likes this.
  6. dbl

dbl It Takes Less Energy to be Nice Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Since we're not getting a lot of traction here, I'm going to move this over to fish discussion forum and see what kind of response there is. Love to get you some help if we can.

Zack K and Weichenthalc like this.
  7. Weichenthalc

Weichenthalc Member

Much thanks

Zack K likes this.
  8. Zack K

Zack K The LPS Guy R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Wish I could be more help. Mine always did their dance under the cover of the Anemones. Unfortunately just lost them both So I will miss that.

Draft saved Draft deleted