Clownfish

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So currently looking for a pair of clownfish, thinking longfin though might go frostbite, where is a good place to get designer clownfish that is reliable and have great looking clownfish

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So currently looking for a pair of clownfish, thinking longfin though might go frostbite, where is a good place to get designer clownfish that is reliable and have great looking clownfish
I got mine from Cultivated Reef. Very healthy specimens. I just checked and they have both longfins and frostbites, with the latter currently on sale.

I would not recommend LiveAquaria.

Gup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine from Cultivated Reef. Very healthy specimens. I just checked and they have both longfins and frostbites, with the latter currently on sale.

I would not recommend LiveAquaria.
I have not had a problem with LiveAquaria before, so what was your issue with then? I'm curious Az

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of "Wyoming White" that I absolutely love!!! They have so much personality and are absolutely beautiful. IDK that I am a fan of "designer" fish per say, but I am absolutely into things that are unique! I do not want everyone else's tank.

IMG_0487.JPG
IMG_0488.JPG
IMG_0489.JPG

OP
OP
Steven91

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of "Wyoming White" that I absolutely love!!! They have so much personality and are absolutely beautiful. IDK that I am a fan of "designer" fish per say, but I am absolutely into things that are unique! I do not want everyone else's tank.

IMG_0487.JPG
IMG_0488.JPG
IMG_0489.JPG

my dad has a pair of the whites as well, they look cool. just trying to figure out what one i really want.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my dad has a pair of the whites as well, they look cool. just trying to figure out what one i really want.
When you see them, you will know.

My original idea was black and white perculas.. then I saw these guys and that was that!!

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not had a problem with LiveAquaria before, so what was your issue with then? I'm curious Az
I ordered two small clowns from them, they arrived smaller than the size listed (even when considering total length). Of course the only way to know for sure was to measure them outside the water, but I did not want to do that because 1. they'd grow so whatever, but more importantly 2. I did not want to stress them out any further. When they arrived they were breathing heavily in the bag and continued to do so the three weeks I had them as they grew weaker and eventually died.

At that point I did not consider buying replacements from them because I had other issues with their live stock. Like an almost dead anemone that I tried to nurse back to health for a day before noping it and throwing it in the bin. Or ordering five hermit crabs and getting five empty shells and a sixth shell with aiptasia inside it instead. I gave LiveAquaria three attempts with live stock but after the third time I receive credit for most of the order, I was like yeah nah never again, bought some dry stock from them and moved on.

Live stock from Cultivated Reef looks good in the bag, and size-wise is great too. Like a clove polyp that came with more heads than advertised. Or my clowns (see display picture) that arrived looking great and healthy.

So yeah. I mean it is a shame because LiveAquaria has good customer service and so on, but the constant bad experiences with their live stock made me gave up. Still happy to buy dry stock from them though.

Back