Clownfs fighting

Devan Patel

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2022
Messages
367
Reaction score
119
Location
USA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I just bought two small clowns today and one of them isn’t being attacked while the other one is getting attacked nonstop and getting bit. My other two current clowns have been in the tank for 4 years without any trouble. I’ve placed the small clowns in a netting for now to figure out what to do. I don’t want to wake up and see the clowns dead lol.

I’ve attached my two big clowns that have been here. Also if someone can properly ID them that would be great. And I’ve attached the clowns in the net.

What should I do?
20260521_173537_3155E2B2-00AB-4329-983B-BCA220ADFC82.png


20260521_173537_FBBC44BF-BB61-4D4F-B767-623C21F1E3B2.png


20260521_173537_D635ECB6-F038-4E7D-A8C9-12D85669D2AD.png
 
why would you put 2 new clowns in a tank with 2 already established clowns?
this imo is just asking for trouble, unless you have a large tank
 
If this is your WB 50.3 aio, that tank isn't big enough to support 4 clownfish :(
I used to have 4 clowns in here. It used to be 4 cloens, one dottyback, and bristletooth tang
 
why would you put 2 new clowns in a tank with 2 already established clowns?
this imo is just asking for trouble, unless you have a large tank
My mistake I wasn’t aware
 
Hello, I just bought two small clowns today and one of them isn’t being attacked while the other one is getting attacked nonstop and getting bit. My other two current clowns have been in the tank for 4 years without any trouble. I’ve placed the small clowns in a netting for now to figure out what to do. I don’t want to wake up and see the clowns dead lol.

I’ve attached my two big clowns that have been here. Also if someone can properly ID them that would be great. And I’ve attached the clowns in the net.

What should I do?
20260521_173537_3155E2B2-00AB-4329-983B-BCA220ADFC82.png


20260521_173537_FBBC44BF-BB61-4D4F-B767-623C21F1E3B2.png


20260521_173537_D635ECB6-F038-4E7D-A8C9-12D85669D2AD.png
bump
 
My mistake, I used to have 4 clowns in here no problem
Previously did you add them all at the same time? The only way I could think of making this work would be to remove the old clowns for a bit and move around the aquascape and add them back so theyre less territorial.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new