Clowns are breeding! Sieves and larval traps in Canada?

CaseyWagner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a ton of developing eggs in my tank and I've been climbing the walls getting ready.
I've got a fry tank I can use, but first I've got to trap them, and I'll need to be able to sieve rotifer cultures.
The problem is I'm not having any luck finding sources of the vossen larval trap or 53 micron sieves in Canada.
I found the trap on BRS and thought it might be worth ordering from there if they had sieves too but no luck (and BRS shipping to Canada is pricey enough that it would up costing me $150 dollars for the larval trap alone)

Ebay had good options for sieves, but the shipping times on everything I could find is 2 weeks.

Anyone know of good sources of sieves, or larval traps in Canada?
I can probably DIY a trap with a little work, but DIY sieves would also cost a fortune just because of how pricing for Canadians gets hugely jacked up on some things.

Here's a pic of all the little ones :) Both on the vertical rock and the ceiling above them.

20230602_193934.jpg

OP
OP
CaseyWagner

CaseyWagner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They bred for me last year when I lived on PEI too, but the rotifers I ordered online took too long to arrive and were DOA so all the little ones starved. This time I'm hoping being closer to Toronto means they will arrive in time :)

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 39 28.3%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 49 35.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back