Clowns cant host occupied Anemone

Alec Meacham

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 31, 2018
Messages
93
Reaction score
43
Location
Utah
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, Ive had my clownfish+Anemone for about 6 months now, about 3 months ago i got an Anemone crab because i didnt think my clowns were planning on hosting, they are now. (Swimming in and out, swimming through, etc) But the Anemone Crab does not like the visitors, i would much rather the clowns host.. Any suggestions?
 
The clowns can take on the crab probably. I would give it time. It seems like trying to force situations with anemones never works well. I would let it sort itself out.

I did have a white Porcelain Crab and A. Clarkii coexist in my reef once, but it was in a large H. magnifica. In that case the crab also came first. A surprise I found after I bought the anemone.

 
I have a RBTA And its rather large, but so are my clowns, im sure all 3 could fit just fine, worse case scenario i figure ill just put the crab in my 20 :shrug:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new