Clowns file for divorce

piscesgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I’ve had these goobers for about 9 months and it was love at first sight. One quickly turned into a girl and they’ve shared the same hammer and cave ever since. :star-struck:
Last week, she bullied him out of the home so he went to the guest-hammer on the other side of the tank. He’s happy over there, but now that she’s over her little fit she wants him home. She keeps going over to try and lure him back but he’s like :cool: nah. Is it normal for these weirdos to get into lovers quarrels?

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They’re so strange… do you think they’ll move back in together? No one is fighting, so that’s good.
They are so strange…….agreed…..complex personalities.
They can. We don’t know what triggered the split?
Is she moving to a breed stage…..males can be denied by the female…..maybe he’s not up to her standards.
After laying eggs, they will remove certain ones, maybe dead ones, maybe not forming…..this of course, is way out of my knowledge area.
Nature will direct the course anyways so change nothing.

OP
OP
piscesgirl

piscesgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are so strange…….agreed…..complex personalities.
They can. We don’t know what triggered the split?
Is she moving to a breed stage…..males can be denied by the female…..maybe he’s not up to her standards.
After laying eggs, they will remove certain ones, maybe dead ones, maybe not forming…..this of course, is way out of my knowledge area.
Nature will direct the course anyways so change nothing.
Ok, I won’t do anything. Neither look ill or are acting weird besides to each other lol. All the other fish are happy and healthy, too.
I don’t know what caused the split; I woke up and when the lights came on, they were on separate sides.

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I won’t do anything. Neither look ill or are acting weird besides to each other lol. All the other fish are happy and healthy, too.
I don’t know what caused the split; I woke up and when the lights came on, they were on separate sides.
The greatest time is that period when everything is happy.
When I get there, I stop, and let the system develop.
Except for clear and visible dangers, I leave all alone.
I have been surprised many times.
My clowns refused my BTA for 9 months, then overnight, made it home. Shortly thereafter I found eggs being fiercely protected. Then both took turns in fanning them and picking out specific ones and I think, ate those.
I find clowns to be super parents until birth, then they will eat them.
Enjoy the show!

OP
OP
piscesgirl

piscesgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The greatest time is that period when everything is happy.
When I get there, I stop, and let the system develop.
Except for clear and visible dangers, I leave all alone.
I have been surprised many times.
My clowns refused my BTA for 9 months, then overnight, made it home. Shortly thereafter I found eggs being fiercely protected. Then both took turns in fanning them and picking out specific ones and I think, ate those.
I find clowns to be super parents until birth, then they will eat them.
Enjoy the show!
Awe I love that!! And I love my clowns, even though they’re strange. I have a LTA and they’ve hated it since introduction. Maybe they think it will devour them? They loved their BTA to death. Everything I did to save it, nothing worked. Perhaps I’ll try it again and it will bring them together. Oh wait, “I won’t do anything” *sigh*
I do love when the system is in sync. Being a newby, I feel like if we had the option of obtaining a mentor things would go much more smoothly. Haha

OP
OP
piscesgirl

piscesgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a typical Friday night at my house.
Must be why I love them so much right now…
People Represent GIF by Disney Channel

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awe I love that!! And I love my clowns, even though they’re strange. I have a LTA and they’ve hated it since introduction. Maybe they think it will devour them? They loved their BTA to death. Everything I did to save it, nothing worked. Perhaps I’ll try it again and it will bring them together. Oh wait, “I won’t do anything” *sigh*
I do love when the system is in sync. Being a newby, I feel like if we had the option of obtaining a mentor things would go much more smoothly. Haha
Some clowns relate better to specific anemones but I don’t think it’s an absolute. Many reefers have had clowns make torches and hammers and leathers home. I’ve personally had a pair take up home in an Atlantic nem, and one set loved a carpet nem which carries a big sting. Never once did any combination result in death or consumption, but, everything IS possible.

What looks strange to us may be very normal to them.

Your love for your friends will go along way in your success.

The pairing, mating and breeding process mid complex in my mind, but I feel it’s always best to watch and wait and try to understand what may be going on, provided they are not damaging each other.

As always, I wish you the best!

IMG_1639.jpeg

OP
OP
piscesgirl

piscesgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some clowns relate better to specific anemones but I don’t think it’s an absolute. Many reefers have had clowns make torches and hammers and leathers home. I’ve personally had a pair take up home in an Atlantic nem, and one set loved a carpet nem which carries a big sting. Never once did any combination result in death or consumption, but, everything IS possible.

The pairing, mating and breeding process mid complex in my mind, but I feel it’s always best to watch and wait and try to understand what may be going on, provided they are not damaging each other.

IMG_1639.jpeg

IMG_1639.jpeg
Thank you so much, I appreciate your input! As crazy as it sounds, I’ve never eaten any sea creature, fish, crab, shrimp, nothing. I’ve kept fish since I was 8 and always considered them pets (I’ve heard they’re yummy though haha) I’m a Pisces though, so I guess I’m weird as my clowns :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we have 11 clowns in our 300. (8,orange, 1,mocha, 1,black and white male , and a stormy black and white female. ) Black & white and stormy were pair in a 200 gallon from a friend when her tore his tank down. Mocha was given to us to provide good home. During the last year I think we got 11 clowns that are swingers...haha.

OP
OP
piscesgirl

piscesgirl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we have 11 clowns in our 300. (8,orange, 1,mocha, 1,black and white male , and a stormy black and white female. ) Black & white and stormy were pair in a 200 gallon from a friend when her tore his tank down. Mocha was given to us to provide good home. During the last year I think we got 11 clowns that are swingers...haha.
Oh my goodness! And none of them fight? I have a little tiny 75g and they’re the only clowns lol They have the strangest personalities to me, but as long as they aren’t tossing sand I really love them a lot

1ocean

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nope none fight. Started with the original 8 orange for a year, then last year added the other 3. They mostly all sleep together in a ball at night, upper right back of the tank. but when the lights start to come on they go to their areas...Also have 6 tangs in the same tank, no fights...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.2%
Back