Clowns laid eggs in pot, now what?

coraltastic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns have finally laid eggs in the flower pot. This isn't there first batch, more like 14 th. they have been laying them on the bottom of the tank ( bare bottom). I have been collecting them with a airline tubing. I have raise 30 babies out of these 14 batches of hundreds of fry. Most of the fry r dying on the first night. I have been told that I might be stressing them out during collection. Since I won't have that trouble this time need some advice on what to do. I will take the pot out on the 7th night and put it in the fry tank. I know I need to not let the eggs touch air, I need to put a airline tubing in the pot on the eggs. but how strong of bubble rate? Do I need to turn the light on or off? When? When add Rotifers? Before hatch, after hatch, next morning?

OP
OP
coraltastic

coraltastic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I check out mr cobs thread, but he is just starting out so not much help. Any else raise clowns? We could use some help.

temper76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what i was told from rrcg50 you could take them out on hatch night better not a day b4 .example if they are do tonight you transfer them a hour b4 light out if the light are on in your room,make sure you block all light from cominig in your fry tank ,tape the red light on you heater and a long airstone below it so you fry dont close to the heater and suficate the air bubbles push them away ,n dont realy matter if air hits the eggs for a short period of time ,place airstone so the eggs get hit with the bubbles enough to make them wave not to slow n not to the point were they get hit n make them wave very fast but a nice strong wave to knock any debri off them, you can ad rotifers in the a.m they have a sack so they dont need food for 24hrs max.

temper76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U can also buy a book call (clownfish411) from a site call "lulu"this book is very easy to understand it don't have those crazy scientific words .it simple I recommend it to you

OP
OP
coraltastic

coraltastic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That book looks awsome and very helpful. I went to locl book store they don't have it and can't order it. I guess I will have to order it online.

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a close friend that breeds clownfish and he told me to read this book when my damsels and clownfish started laying eggs.
[h=1]Marine Aquarium Handbook: Beginner to Breeder[/h]

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 188 71.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 19 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.7%
Back