Clowns that readily pair with anenomes

Pennywise the Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been told that tomato clowns are the best bet to pair with an anenome. My lfs has a tank full of tank bred tomatoes and they do look fantastic. But I have read that they can be very aggressive though I'm not sure if tank bred fish are as bad as wild caught ones.
He also has pink skunk clowns for sale but I'm unsure how readily that they take to an anenome.
I'm looking for something different to the 'nemo' fish that I see in so many reef tanks.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With clownfish, you have so many options now. Even the percs and ocellaris are crazy patterns and colors. The bonding to the nems just take time in most cases. I have not had tomato clowns, but know they can get quite large. pink skunks are great and will do fine with an anemone, but usually they like carpets and those are much harder to keep than the BTA.

For example: My clarkiis will go into anything as soon as introduced. My blackfoots have BTAs. My percs are not bright and have my overflow pipe. My ocellaris are babies, but the older one loves his bta.

OP
OP
Pennywise the Clown

Pennywise the Clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. The pink skunk is probably my number one choice, but the fact that the bta is not a natural host is putting me off.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that Clarkiis will be hosted by any anemone and that Tomatos tend to be more aggressive than other clowns. I have owned both clown species.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 84 45.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 85 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.1%
Back