Clowns wont go in new nem- lived fine in old one?!

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
yes its a clown and nem question. Lol. My pair lived in a RBTA for a couple years. A non reef safe 3inch wide crab came in under the guise of a reef safe emerald varriety, found the nem and killed it. Crab and nem both removed. Replaced with a rainbow BTA in the same general location as the old home stead, maybe 4 months ago. They dont go near it. Is this common? Should I try a different nem type/color?

Bapeluso

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will probably figure it out eventually. If you're pressed on them getting in it, I'd take the clowns and nem out and put em in a bucket for a while and check on em. If it takes a while, add an air stone. Worked for mine with my carpet nem. Could also try the picture trick. Place larger pictures of clowns in nems on the side of the tank where they hang out. They might get intimidated by the pics and go "home". I've yet to see it work, but have heard ppl that have had success. Good luck, hope it works out!

OP
OP
L

LesPoissons

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes Id def try that but they are in a 220g and I have no chance of catching them so ill just wait it out. didnt know if anyone had similar experiences and tried with a different nem. You's think after being hosted by the first one for so long they would hop back in! = )

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back