Clowns?

silva218

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had a pair of snowflakes for around 2 years now. I am assuming that they are laying eggs but I have yet to witness this. The female is very territorial in my 29 cube, if I stick my hand in the tank she will attack every time! Also they are clearly paired ie: spend time together, male submits to her often, and host the same corner. Anyways, I have been seeing these little critters on a 2 week schedule for the last 6-9 months! But I cannot confirm they are baby clowns? They look more like mysid shrimp?

They are never around in the morning so I have to catch them at night.can any experts confirm what these are? If they turn out to be clowns I may try to catch them and raise them for the experience.

Its not allowing me to upload the video. But hopefully you can see what I'm talking about from the picture.

image.jpg

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok at first i thought that bowl was empty. lol the more i look i can see what looks like fry with two eyes and a mostly clear body. No way to tell if those are clowfish fry without seeing a closer picture. Well, maybe somebody else will be able to tell from this one, but i can't. My eyes arn't that good.

Lrood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. I can see some sort of little larvae with dark eyes, but that's it. Could be clown larvae, but I really can't say from this pic.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 27 22.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 86 71.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back