Club Coral Fragbank

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Kevin, I've got Paletta pink tip. I'll cut you a piece next time it needs thinned.

Thanks a TON. If it becomes one of the requested ones it should probably go to the fragbank first. Unless of course it gets thinned before the bank exists. ;)

Kevin

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put me down for a paletta pink tip as well down the road.

Kevin - Is that Tierra Del Fuego?
For someone who doesn't know names you sure did come up with a list.

If you guys all want this to happen and we move forward with it we would make a dedicated thread for wish lists.

From those wish lists we would decide what to purchase. Granted at first we will gather donations.

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm down. I do wonder about keeping everything in one frag tank though. Wouldn't it be better to have at least 2 independent systems? That way we don't run the risk of loosing everything in the event of a crash, and we would also be able to keep corals that like more nutrients seperate from those that don't. I can't really say much for a wish list since most of what I like is either not easily fragable, or not in high demand, you guys can all fight over the acros lol.

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes in an ideal world we would have multiple frag tanks in multiple locations. That is something to think about down the road. I don't know how feasible it is starting off.

It is important for us to have things for everyone. Favias, gonis, shrooms, hammers, torches, softies, paly/zoas, acans, micros et cetera along with those acros. This is not for the sps addicts, this is for every member of the club!

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In that case, put me down for lobos, scolys, meats, wellsos, and the like;)

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put me down for a paletta pink tip as well down the road.

Kevin - Is that Tierra Del Fuego?
For someone who doesn't know names you sure did come up with a list.

If you guys all want this to happen and we move forward with it we would make a dedicated thread for wish lists.

From those wish lists we would decide what to purchase. Granted at first we will gather donations.

The fat green and pinkish thing in the pic? I don't think so..... That one still is just incrusting.

As for the list I looked at a lot of frag for sale threads. LOL

Kevin

eleet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jamie, you can have some when you get your parameters fixed. [emoji12] fungi has been on my wish list for a long long time. I'm a sucker for the old school pieces. As far as something for everyone, great idea, but my advice would be pick one type to start. Mixed reefs, as we know, are much more challenging. In a frag system it's even more so, like the little guys have something to prove. Chemical warfare is a pita!

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In that case, put me down for lobos, scolys, meats, wellsos, and the like;)

You can frag lobos and I've seen the thread with people who have fragged scolys. Granted we wont be doing that, but I know that there are lots of things that lend themselves to aquaculture that you are into.

Jamie, you can have some when you get your parameters fixed. [emoji12] fungi has been on my wish list for a long long time. I'm a sucker for the old school pieces. As far as something for everyone, great idea, but my advice would be pick one type to start. Mixed reefs, as we know, are much more challenging. In a frag system it's even more so, like the little guys have something to prove. Chemical warfare is a pita!

Yeah the down the road part of the pink tip. Once I re-do my tank. I hope to have it ready by LEAR.

We need to have things for everyone. I wouldn't be comfortable just having acros and then only some of us benefiting from this program. Granted for the members that do fish only, well... time to convert them!

BIGGUN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The club could always do a yearly geoup buy for fish with a designated pick up time so that it doesn't turn into a fish baby sitting session. That will help the FOWLR guys.... and help me stock the 265. ;) It might get us a discount if ordered through one of our local shops.

P.S. I DO know how to spell encrusting..... just not when I first wake up I guess, and it won't let me edit now.

Kevin

fetta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The club could always do a yearly geoup buy for fish with a designated pick up time so that it doesn't turn into a fish baby sitting session. That will help the FOWLR guys.... and help me stock the 265. ;) It might get us a discount if ordered through one of our local shops.

P.S. I DO know how to spell encrusting..... just not when I first wake up I guess, and it won't let me edit now.

Kevin
Good idea there also...

cale0721

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Good luck with the club frag library! We have a ton of fun doing ours for ETRC! Great way for people to get frags they wouldn't normally have access too.

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Good luck with the club frag library! We have a ton of fun doing ours for ETRC! Great way for people to get frags they wouldn't normally have access too.
Would you mind telling us how yours has worked out for your club and it's members? What I based this off of was what you guys started with. How has it worked out for you guys and gals over the years?

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jamie, how soon can i join the club? This is the stuff I wish my club did. I might have to make a permanent switch!
We aren't doing much until Mike Paletta comes next month on account of Christmas and all, btu you are certainly welcome any time.

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Kevin

Its an idea. If a bunch of people wanted to do it I know of stores that would give us a bulk discount. Although if certain fish came in looking less than stellar we would still be obligated to take them.

I think we just need to convert those fish people into coral people. When I joined the club I had 2 saltwater fish and no coral. Let me be the poster child for it.

cale0721

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you mind telling us how yours has worked out for your club and it's members? What I based this off of was what you guys started with. How has it worked out for you guys and gals over the years?

Last few years we primarily do zoas and acans being that they are easy to grow out and frag. This year we were able to score a few things at our frag swap which are in grow out right now.

We recently had hallucination zoa that we put up for 30 dollar check out fee. You pay the 30 dollars to take it home or keep it in the club tank. Once another polyp shows up you frag it and one comes back to the club then next person in line gets that one then so on. Doesn't take long for most things. We have had a few slow grower zoas. I

We gauge interest then do a lottery from there to get the order of who gets what. Lots of fun. And it's a great way to get high end coral for a low end price. Also boost the club funds a bit!

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I want to go ahead and move forward with this project. At first we will rely on donations to get this started. The exact details will be worked out by the BoD after the holidays. If you have something special that you would like to donate to this cause please contact me. Thank you to everyone for your input on this idea.

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The board has discussed this idea at length and are moving forward slowly - but since we have other stuff to do so this project has not moved forward yet. Stay tuned.

OP
OP
JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are indeed moving forward with this project. We are waiting on a few things to come together at the moment. I would hope to have this going sooner rather than later. More details are to follow after we hash out the details.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 5.9%
Back