cmac, ffm, how do you get your water to these shows?

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to see what the census says. Buying premaid would be a little too pricey for me. I have a couple brute cans I was thinking but that will mean I'd need to make many small trips to fill the frag tank. Not to mention the length of time heating up the water.

I have coolers to move the coral but not much water will come in those.

So whats you method? Buckets, pre mixed, brute cans, coolers, poland spring containers?

Mike in CT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1444173021.711355.jpg

I never have participated in a frag swap or sale, but when I have to bring water to the Lutz I use these 6 gallon water jugs I picked up at Walmart. They are sealed so you don't have to worry about spilling, and just about as heavy as I want to lug.

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We utilize 5g buckets to transport corals and water, and have saved a few of the nutrisea water jugs over the past few years. Not easy but works.

clueless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to see what the census says. Buying premaid would be a little too pricey for me. I have a couple brute cans I was thinking but that will mean I'd need to make many small trips to fill the frag tank. Not to mention the length of time heating up the water.

I have coolers to move the coral but not much water will come in those.

So whats you method? Buckets, pre mixed, brute cans, coolers, poland spring containers?

clueless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 6 5 gallon poland spring jugs,(30 gallons total) that you can borrow, or if you want I can mix up the water for you. I use reef crystals

Useful_Idiot

Artificially Intelligent
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe home depot sells the lids to 5 gallon buckets separately. I had enough fresh mixed water ready. Before leaving I did a big WC and used the waste water for ffm. So it was what the frags were used to and stayed warm enough. I also had a 20g frag tank and was making 2 trips so it was easier for me. I kept duplicate frags in a rubbermaid with a heater until the 20 was out of that species then moved them up. Also do you have to fill the tank all the way up? That could save you 5 gallons.

143MPCo

ASSIST PROTECT DEFEND
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Triggreef I have a mobile recommendation you might want to consider...
Harbor Freight Hand Truck $69+ TSC Leg Storage Tank $99...
Very mobile but you'll need a truck.
62369_zzz_alt1_500.jpg

LegStyleStorageTank.png

AquaMama13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, Dave just wanted to let you know that the club is providing top off water for the vendors as they need it.

OP
OP
Triggreef

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol at the sound... Guess I'll be lugging buckets and poland spring containers since I have a bunch of those. One of those things I wish I had the longer pickup bed. Lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back