How To Filter Store Bought Water Thru RODI During Boil Advisory?

Liz Pienkoski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings,

I’m moving to a rural area that’s been undergoing water line repairs with periodic boil advisories. I have a mixed reef, therefore want to ensure my water remains safe and healthy for the tank.

I’m hoping to buy water from a local fish store, but that’s a 1 hour trip each time.

Not sure it I can filter bottled water thru my 6 Stage RODI during those periods? What type of pump would I need to push the water from a brute receptacle to the RODI? I’ve never used my RODI other than tapping into the water line.

Can anyone think of good alternatives during recurring boil advisories?

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings,

I’m moving to a rural area that’s been undergoing water line repairs with periodic boil advisories. I have a mixed reef, therefore want to ensure my water remains safe and healthy for the tank.

I’m hoping to buy water from a local fish store, but that’s a 1 hour trip each time.

Not sure it I can filter bottled water thru my 6 Stage RODI during those periods? What type of pump would I need to push the water from a brute receptacle to the RODI? I’ve never used my RODI other than tapping into the water line.

Can anyone think of good alternatives during recurring boil advisories?
Not sure that I understand. Why can’t you use tap water for making RO water during an advisory?

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure that I understand. Why can’t you use tap water for making RO water during an advisory?
That's exactly what I am thinking. I guess it depends on what's in the water, but most the time the filter should be able to get it out.

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's exactly what I am thinking. I guess it depends on what's in the water, but most the time the filter should be able to get it out.
I am pretty sure the concern is bacteria, hence the boil order. There might be more particulate matter if the water lines are disturbed but your filters will take care of that.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 91 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.0%
Back