CO2 scrubber plumbing help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Harpo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Harpo

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
1,073
Reaction score
401
Location
Royal Oak, Mi
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I just purchased the BRS jumbo CO2 scrubber. This thing is huge. I found a convenient place to mount it but there will be about 12 feet of 1.0-inch pvc between the scrubber and my protein skimmer. Is this a problem?

Thanks

David
 
Which is the preferred source of air going in the scrubber? outside air or recirculating air from the skimmer?
 
I started out with mine recirculating and it gave me a decent boost. I recently changed it to drawing outside air and I get an even bigger boost now. The PH now pretty much stays around 8.3 to 8.4 which I'm super happy with.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new