CO2 Scrubber Pulling Water Through

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my scrubber pulling air from my skimmer cup and putting the air back into the skimmer Venturi. The skimmer air is very moist obviously. It’s moist to the point that the sceubber has tons of condensation inside and the hose going back to the skimmer has condensation buildup in it.

Am I in trouble or should I avoid this going back into my tank through the Venturi? The actual media in the scrubber doesn’t look saturated and I only see a tiny bit of water at the bottom of the scrubber.

Thoughts? I was pulling air in from outside and it kept my PH up well..but recirculating the skimmer air does nothing without the scrubber.
8F335190-038F-4227-8946-0CD2B9043421.jpeg
2F199DFA-C48C-4A6A-BBA3-C706812D3693.jpeg

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the outside airline kept the pH up then just curious why you switched to a scrubber?

I've never used a scrubber so my advice doesn't come from any experience but I know others have attached a container in line to act as a collection point for moisture before going back into the scrubber. The one I saw on another thread I believe was just a Mason jar with the line coming from the collection cup going into it, then another line coming out to the scrubber.

OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the outside airline kept the pH up then just curious why you switched to a scrubber?

I've never used a scrubber so my advice doesn't come from any experience but I know others have attached a container in line to act as a collection point for moisture before going back into the scrubber. The one I saw on another thread I believe was just a Mason jar with the line coming from the collection cup going into it, then another line coming out to the scrubber.
Thanks. I wanted to use the recirculating ability if my lifereef skimmer because it keeps the skimmer from puffing gross air into my house. Jeff at LifeReef also told me that having moist air go through the Venturi keeps it from getting buildup.

I like the idea of moisture going through my scrubber media because I’ve read that makes it work better. BUT.....I don’t like the idea of water that’s gone through soda lime going back into my tank.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I wanted to use the recirculating ability if my lifereef skimmer because it keeps the skimmer from puffing gross air into my house. Jeff at LifeReef also told me that having moist air go through the Venturi keeps it from getting buildup.

I like the idea of moisture going through my scrubber media because I’ve read that makes it work better. BUT.....I don’t like the idea of water that’s gone through soda lime going back into my tank.
Sorry I misunderstood I thought you were trying to limit the moisture going into the scrubber. As for how much moisture works best with the media I have no idea, I just use and outside air intake for my skimmer.

I wouldn't think the added benefit of keeping your venturi clean is something that couldn't be replaced with cleaning it occasionally during regular maintenance.

OP
OP
sawdonkey

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I misunderstood I thought you were trying to limit the moisture going into the scrubber. As for how much moisture works best with the media I have no idea, I just use and outside air intake for my skimmer.

I wouldn't think the added benefit of keeping your venturi clean is something that couldn't be replaced with cleaning it occasionally during regular maintenance.
Well, you’re right, kind of. My main concern about the moisture going in is the moisture coming out that might have soda lime dissolved in it. So, I I were able to collect most of the moisture that would otherwise go into the scrubber, it might solve the problem. Mabel I’ll just tout it back outside?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back