Co2 Tunze 7077/3 Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sup3rFly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I was directed to this forum from a few users on another forum to in regards to the below question, I also tried contacting Tunze directly from the website, but never got a response;

I have a Tunze regulator with is connected to a solenoid, my question is around the small gauge on the Tunze regulator, manual states that it should be set to 0.5, but I find if it's set it .07 to 1.0bar i get better control over the rate of co2. Is the manual just a rough guide, or should it always bet set to 0.5 bar?

Thanks for any advice or explanation.

Last edited:

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not terribly important, the main reason for the recommendation is that 1 Bar is quite a lot, it is 14.5 psi. This is enough that the tubing will inflate, this is largely imperceptible but the accumulated hose pressure can make it difficult to get an accurate bubble count. When the valve opens the bubbles will be more than the set point from built up pressure and after it closes, depending on the device connected, bubbles may continue to flow from CO2 pressure accumulated in the line. Other than this, no real harm will come, any decent solenoid can handle this much pressure easily.

OP
OP
S

Sup3rFly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is not terribly important, the main reason for the recommendation is that 1 Bar is quite a lot, it is 14.5 psi. This is enough that the tubing will inflate, this is largely imperceptible but the accumulated hose pressure can make it difficult to get an accurate bubble count. When the valve opens the bubbles will be more than the set point from built up pressure and after it closes, depending on the device connected, bubbles may continue to flow from CO2 pressure accumulated in the line. Other than this, no real harm will come, any decent solenoid can handle this much pressure easily.

Hi @rvitko,

Thank you so much for this answer. I have it set to 0.6 - 0.7 and and the pressure does rise 0.1 when the solenoid shuts off as you have mentioned, due to built up pressure. When the solenoid turns on the bubbles per second take a while to settle down to what they should be set at from built up pressure. Solenoid doesn't let anything through once it shuts off. Your reply has been very helpful. Thank you again.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back