Cobalt Aquatics Neo Therm Heaters

fostee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry that sucks so bad. Can happen with any heater. Easy fix with inkbird temp controller with aquarium temp probe $30 on Amazon

Inkbird Digital Outlet Heating Aquarium Temperature Controller ITC-306T Reptiles Heat Mat Updated Aquarium Probe

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Controllers are a great thing, especially the ones with a digital read out you can check now and again. One other thing I have done before is size it low. Set up like that my tank would only hit 84 with it stuck on 24/7

Bobblehead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One more Neotherm user here that almost had it cook my tank last week. Got 2 years out of it but lost a nice Rampage chalice because of it. Sure some may say it’s my fault for not having a controller, that all heaters will fail etc. I’d hope by now the industry would design them to fail in the off setting as opposed to stuck on max. I’m no engineer but would that be so difficult?

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use these heaters in a few of my tanks, ironically these tanks are the ones without heater controllers. I’m sorry for your losses. We should both pick up controllers.

I use this on two reefs, it’s standalone and easy to program and has an alarm
Finnex HC-810M

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 26 29.2%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 29 32.6%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 18.0%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%

Back