OP
Hella_Reef

Hella_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking great! Following along.

How does the water level look in the rear sump? Are the side chambers water level constant and overflows into the middle return pump chamber? So essentially, the ATO sensor should be in the middle chamber because of water level fluctuations?

Thanks!
Yes yes yes. Water level goines into return chambers and filters out thru the bottom into the second chamber which spills over.the top of the baffle. The 2 outside chambers are a consistent water level. Return pump chambers is where Ato goes. Sorry for the late reply. Havent been on here in a while.

OP
OP
Hella_Reef

Hella_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Switched my lighting over to 2 hydra 52hd and 2 ati blue plus bulbs with the marine depot retrofit t5 kit.
ffb5e1a628b1fbd6cd45775225d14804.jpg
17a669aa148ca289de0839ba524be9e7.jpg

REPOWER

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes yes yes. Water level goines into return chambers and filters out thru the bottom into the second chamber which spills over.the top of the baffle. The 2 outside chambers are a consistent water level. Return pump chambers is where Ato goes. Sorry for the late reply. Havent been on here in a while.
No worries at all and thanks for the reply. I checked the back compartments and noticed the side chambers actually leak into the middle chamber via a small pin hole. I engaged Cobalt support and apparently this is by design, to relieve pressure from all compartments. It's a little different from my IM tanks.

Thanks again!
G

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to see you back man, tank is looking great.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I've been more active on Instagram and #askrealreefers Facebook page. I'll have to catch up on your thread! Hope all is well.
All is good, thanks. Normal stuff, following my plan except where I wildly deviated on a whim and put a couple of coral frags in well before I had intended to. No I’ll effects, just went off script a little. Back to moving slowly again.

OP
OP
Hella_Reef

Hella_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All is good, thanks. Normal stuff, following my plan except where I wildly deviated on a whim and put a couple of coral frags in well before I had intended to. No I’ll effects, just went off script a little. Back to moving slowly again.
Hahaha, you'll be fine. So are you trying to get a full year in before heavily stocking?

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha, you'll be fine. So are you trying to get a full year in before heavily stocking?
I know, but I was just saying how I wanted to get all my fish in and stabilized before I added coral. I was hoping to avoid nutrient swings and algae issues where the coral get covered and it’s difficult to clean out. I just thought that would be easier. Then I turned right around the next day and bought three frags. Not exactly sticking to the plan. There won’t be any more coral for a while though due to some unexpected budget constraints. Now it’s back to going slow.

I like your new light fixture. The Hydra’s have the one thing my Radion doesn’t have and that’s easy control. I don’t have a reeflink so I gotta hook up the laptop to make adjustments. Wish I could just do it thru my phone without buying additional equipment. That setup is going to give you all the lighting options you’ll ever need.

BubbleFett42079

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I didnt either, I stumbled upon it. Nice looking tanks for a fair price.

How's the Cobalt Cvue 40 doing? I just recently purchased one from a fellow hobbyist all the way in Salinas.

I'm glad to hear that there are 2 of these beautiful tanks here in The Bay Area.

I'm searching for a stand and thinking of driving up to Daly City to today to pick one up, so I can do a water test and get this beauty wet.

Good job on the build and I look forward to seeimg more updates.

Karl Sanders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM is taking pre-orders for a 40 gallon AIO. From what I can tell this is how the measurements compare. The display is 3" deeper front to back but the filter box is 1" narrower ( loses an inch of room). The height of the tank is also 1" shorter.
To those with the Cobalt Aquatics, do you think what they have done is an improvement?

Johnnyrainbowreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM is taking pre-orders for a 40 gallon AIO. From what I can tell this is how the measurements compare. The display is 3" deeper front to back but the filter box is 1" narrower ( loses an inch of room). The height of the tank is also 1" shorter.
To those with the Cobalt Aquatics, do you think what they have done is an improvement?

Johnnyrainbowreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like having more space in the rear for filtration. A inch is a big difference. I can fit a full size skimmer in the Cvue. I have the cadlights pls elite and my tank is popping! Happy Reefing

Attachments

• 1352B393-76A4-462B-96A1-39967AABA84E.jpeg
    1352B393-76A4-462B-96A1-39967AABA84E.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 32

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 19 82.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 8.7%
Back