cockerel wrasse

myles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever kept on of these or know anything about them-genus is pteragogus. I have seen a couple for sale recently and like the look but I know nothing about them other than what Scott Michael has written. I am most interested in their temperment and hardiness.
Thanks,
Myles

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are very peaceful, except to tiny fish and motile inverts, which they will hunt. They may be shy initially, but quickly become bolder.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
M

myles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies. Hardy and peaceful is what I was hoping for as I really like how they look. Myles

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Without clicking any links I'm assuming your talking about possum wrasse. And.... I was wrong. lol disregard

OP
OP
M

myles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I found one today on Divers Den which is shipping Monday for a Tuesday arrival. Thanks again to TJ and Hunter for your help and I will keep you updated as I learn more about this fish. It is a P. enneacanthus.
Myles

OP
OP
M

myles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to give everyone an update. My wrasse arrived Tues morning and was eating frozen food Tues night and by Wed was eating aggressively. Contrary to my expectations he is not particularly shy, comes to the front of the tank when he sees me, and at this point is actually the dominant fish in the aquarium. I added him to my 60 gallon reef which is also inhabited by an orange back fairy wrasse, a Smiths canary blenny, and a pair of cleaner shrimp which he leaves alone.
Myles

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to give everyone an update. My wrasse arrived Tues morning and was eating frozen food Tues night and by Wed was eating aggressively. Contrary to my expectations he is not particularly shy, comes to the front of the tank when he sees me, and at this point is actually the dominant fish in the aquarium. I added him to my 60 gallon reef which is also inhabited by an orange back fairy wrasse, a Smiths canary blenny, and a pair of cleaner shrimp which he leaves alone.
Myles

Cool. Hope u can share pictures soon.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.5%
Back