Cogboy - 135 Gallon New Build

[Cameron]

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Out of curiosity those white side cabinets on your original tank are those custom or did you pick them up somewhere? Thanks.

OP
OP
Cogboy

Cogboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, Decided to rebuild the light bar.....I wanted it to be longer so it matched the width of the tank.....done and rehung
tempImagekJ5a9K.jpg

tempImagebn7MSz.jpg

Next used emarco cement and sand to complete aquscape.....still a few pieces that need to come over from exiting tank, but pretty happy with how things worked out
tempImageI1GHYz.jpg

tempImagejoPkkX.jpg

tempImage5bwt1j.jpg

OP
OP
Cogboy

Cogboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool what are your livestock plans?
Currently pull everything from current tank....got larger fox face and yellow eye Kole....as well as melanarus wrasse, couple of clowns and cardinal.....mixed reef with too many anemones....would love add blue throat trigger and maybe some anthias to this tank, but dont want to overstock

OP
OP
Cogboy

Cogboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All right, so been a while so longer update.....Got tank plumbed and filled.....added prerinsed Caribsea Aragonite special grade dry sand.......decided to try Brightwell xlm dry rock cycle kit....a little help from my two wingmen....
tempImageR5UTWP.jpg

tempImageeolxsk.jpg

Mounted new Hydra 32HD onto middle light mount for now.....will bring two Hydra 26hds from old tank once ready....

tempImageLsOYMI.jpg

Added Reef Breeders Refugium LED light and moved skimmer over to test fit....
tempImageatpJtN.jpg

Based on reviews I was a little suprised that it took so long to cycle this tank.....almost 5 weeks....I wasn't in a rush, but did not align with what has been posted online by various reefers....I contacted Brightwell and they said it actually is "normal" for it to take this long.....and that I should add more bacteria....

All done.....remaining lights moved over, 3 nero 5 pumps added for flow, apex and dose moved over....all corals and fishies!!!!!

IMG_2845.jpeg
tempImageJYEsAd.jpg

64097841193__C819B1BD-D4C2-451D-8F69-B1C94C661D11.jpeg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back