Coincidence or no?

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed a few of my acros are becoming very pale after they had been coloring up the past few week. I even noticed a little bit of diatoms growing on the edge of my monti cap. The only major thing I have changed was changing my return pump from 150 gph to about 100gph (7.4g tank). I still have a Nero 3 cranking out about 650 gph. Alk was also steadily raising about .1-.2dkh a day but leveled off the past two days. One day it raised .3.

Parameters as of yesterday:
Alk: 9.1
Mg: 1350 (doser after testing)
Ca: 470
Po4: 0 (been like that since the tank started)
No3: 12-16ppm

Was it maybe caused by changing the return pump? Or is there something else going on?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as a start:

hope those sps have been in there and lowered long enough to acclimate to your lighting

let your alk staple out at about 8.0 dKH and bring up your phosphates to about .3 - .5 ppm

test for silicates for your diatioms and your might need to tinker with your water flows pattern

OP
OP
MONTANTK

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as a start:

hope those sps have been in there and lowered long enough to acclimate to your lighting

let your alk staple out at about 8.0 dKH and bring up your phosphates to about .3 - .5 ppm

test for silicates for your diatioms and your might need to tinker with your water flows pattern
SPS have been fine with lighting. They’re actually in less lighting than the tank they came from. I was curious about the flow because that’s when it all started but I want to just try raising phosphate first

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back