Cold water anemone tank

I think Bob at Matsu collections may have retired, I know he let his website expire. You could try reaching out to him directly on Facebook. There are a couple new sources for livestock though. www.atlanticaquaculture.co is collecting mid Atlantic species including some Beadlet anemones (Actinia equina) that are now established invasive from Europe. I went down to New Jersey and collected some earlier this year for myself and they are already reproducing in my tank. Also for west coast species, I helped an new collector get permitted the way I was when I lived in Oregon and he is now set up to collect and sell which will include species like the Giant Green anemone (Anthopleura xanthogrammica) that places in California could not legally sell. His site is www trippyfishaquatics.com Not sure his site is live yet but you can find him also via FB in the Coldwater Marine Aquariums Owners group., his name is Carter Peterson :) Also I'm always happy to help with Coldwater related things myself. Here's my current tank with North Atlantic species I've collected from New Jersey to Maine.
Thank you very much for the info
 
I think Bob at Matsu collections may have retired, I know he let his website expire. You could try reaching out to him directly on Facebook. There are a couple new sources for livestock though. www.atlanticaquaculture.co is collecting mid Atlantic species including some Beadlet anemones (Actinia equina) that are now established invasive from Europe. I went down to New Jersey and collected some earlier this year for myself and they are already reproducing in my tank. Also for west coast species, I helped an new collector get permitted the way I was when I lived in Oregon and he is now set up to collect and sell which will include species like the Giant Green anemone (Anthopleura xanthogrammica) that places in California could not legally sell. His site is www trippyfishaquatics.com Not sure his site is live yet but you can find him also via FB in the Coldwater Marine Aquariums Owners group., his name is Carter Peterson :) Also I'm always happy to help with Coldwater related things myself. Here's my current tank with North Atlantic species I've collected from New Jersey to Maine.
1000008955.jpg
1000008915.jpg
1000008881.jpg

This is what I think of when I think of a coldwater tank!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new