Cologne in tank

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
put some cologne on today. Completely forgot and stuck my arms in the tank immediately after. Is this gonna be a problem or am I over thinking it?

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this in the 210g tank referenced in your signature block? If so, and unless you took a bath in the stuff and were still wet, I wouldn't think it would be a problem. But that's just my opinion.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I’m curious lol, since I always put lotion on my hands because the salt water just dries them out. Will the lotion come off in my water? I put it on usually after showers in the morning and night. I try to remember not to stick my hands in, but lol I get side tracked and well in they go. Same thing or should I avoid this. I of course full run it into my hands but it’s special lotion, so it will leave my hands kinda oily for a few min.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome I will make a strong mental note of that. After I put it on, because I have to, how long would you wait? Do you have any other suggestions?

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it' a must to wear I would invest in some elbow length aquarium gloves....unless someone knows a safe alternative than I'm all ears...haven' been able to wear lotion in 8 years now....:(:(

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome I will make a strong mental note of that. After I put it on, because I have to, how long would you wait? Do you have any other suggestions?

I'd recommend gloves, or washing your hands first. The molecules I worry about do not evaporate or entirely soak in.

Will you for sure have a problem? No, but I'd avoid doing it. :)

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol so I will just wash my hands first with normal dish soap and rinse them. Then I should be safe once they are dry I think. Then after I’m done, I can reapply the lotion, and just keep washing my hands if needed.

@Skynyrd Fish

Ummm well hmmm neat idea except they don’t just go to the top of my shoulders. I can crawl inside of them completely. I don’t want to look like a sausage link.

@reef lover

Even the elbow gloves hit my shoulders. When I’m st work in the er, the prep person pulls them on me lol. As they go past my shoulders they will cut them off at the elbows then seal them with lots of rubber bands. It’s not very fun being super tiny.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cow birthing gloves. LOL. They go up to your arm Pitts.

1015320-neogen-ob-dairy-sleeve-glove.html

So I picked these up and they work excellent. There are 100 in the box and was ~$21 with shipping. That is $0.21 per glove. Usually I can get away with using one. They are disposable, but a bit sturdier than I expected. The best part was seeing my wife’s face when I received calf birthing gloves.

Mike Reef Addict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I picked these up and they work excellent. There are 100 in the box and was ~$21 with shipping. That is $0.21 per glove. Usually I can get away with using one. They are disposable, but a bit sturdier than I expected. The best part was seeing my wife’s face when I received calf birthing gloves.
Lol the wife seeing them is worth $20 bucks! So that's a penny each...

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 55 73.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 9 12.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back