Color Changing Coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter blkhawk10
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

blkhawk10

Big U G baby!
View Badges
Joined
Jul 3, 2010
Messages
469
Reaction score
85
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I bought a red acro a couple weeks back and since it's been in my tank has turned green...why does that happen?
 
Could be not enough light or could be high nutrients.

Red planet is a great example of this happening. In lower light it turns green and in higher light it is red.
 
I got a 150 watt metal halide with a tru lumen actinic but the builb is almost a year old so maybe that has something to do with it...I don't think it's high nutrients because everytime I check my phosphates and nitrates they are 0 and algae doesn't even grow in my fuge.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 14 13.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new