Color Loss in SPS

Vmacisback

Vern McCalla
View Badges
Joined
Jul 18, 2012
Messages
1,411
Reaction score
143
Location
Bay area, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the best way to regain color in SPS after burning tips with GFO? I recently added too much GFO to a new tank with SPS and it faded them pretty bad. I still have PE but the color is way off. the LFS told me to keep up with my water changes in order to restor nutrients but I am wondering if there is any other action I can take?

Has this happened to anyone else? i know i cant be the only idiot that added too much GFO while running pellets.
 
Also seems like any new SPS that I add doesnt color up very well.
 
Are you still running Gfo and pellets?

If the tips are burned/dead clip them off. They will grow back quicker if the dead part is removed.
 
took the GFO off immediately, just still running pellets.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new