Color matching protein skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter Omgitsjoe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
We just discussed this with our build. Not sure why a manufacturer doesn't offer skimmers to match colored PVC?

I think the reason is fairly obvious; no manufacturer would wants to organize and store 10x the inventory JUST in different color variations of the same item. A huge waste of resources that would cause costs to go up significantly.
 
I think the reason is fairly obvious; no manufacturer would wants to organize and store 10x the inventory JUST in different color variations of the same item. A huge waste of resources that would cause costs to go up significantly.
You're right. I see that.
 
I just started the plumbing phase of my new build and Im being crazy OCD. Everything is color matched. Would it be possible to paint the accent pieces of my protein skimmer to match the rest of my build? If so what kind? I've used Krylon fusion in the past but it doesn't stand up to well over time.

I wonder if you could use 3m Vinyl wrap on some accent pieces that are NOT submerged. Maybe tomorrow I will make my skimmer lid orange and get back to you on that :).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new