Color matching protein skimmer

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just discussed this with our build. Not sure why a manufacturer doesn't offer skimmers to match colored PVC?

I think the reason is fairly obvious; no manufacturer would wants to organize and store 10x the inventory JUST in different color variations of the same item. A huge waste of resources that would cause costs to go up significantly.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think the reason is fairly obvious; no manufacturer would wants to organize and store 10x the inventory JUST in different color variations of the same item. A huge waste of resources that would cause costs to go up significantly.
You're right. I see that.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started the plumbing phase of my new build and Im being crazy OCD. Everything is color matched. Would it be possible to paint the accent pieces of my protein skimmer to match the rest of my build? If so what kind? I've used Krylon fusion in the past but it doesn't stand up to well over time.

I wonder if you could use 3m Vinyl wrap on some accent pieces that are NOT submerged. Maybe tomorrow I will make my skimmer lid orange and get back to you on that :).

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back