Color on zoas

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2015
Messages
5,462
Reaction score
2,789
Location
Mitchell SD
What state or country do you live in
South Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so ive had the eagle eyes and Bob marleys forever and put them in my dt after amd rebuild amd now the orange is completely gone....why amd how can I get them to color back up?
d6375c33cd8ce8fbc38895e205809f3c.jpg
646e145f6a3fd6548bf0f11de809692f.jpg
81ccbd84b179fd96afb9889e25e70c7f.jpg
0cc53d34a95bc8cb3f689022b45c385f.jpg

@joshporksandwic
 
Sorry didn't give parameters...about 10 nitrate, .02 phosphate, 0 everything else, ph 8.2, alk about 8.4, calcium about 430, mag about 1500
78 temp
Sbreeflights, pro timer 32" blues about half way up amd whites a quarter way up on intensity
 
Light or placement and/or feedings. I feed my zoas with various small foods.
 
My light is halfway up on blues....it's never been that high before....amd they colored up nicely before....maybe I should lower it?
 
Try more light and/or changing flow.
I agree on the light.
If youre uncomfortable upping the intensity, move the zoas higher in the tank.
If I see my zoas color diminishing, I always do that first.
 
I'm fine upping the intensity but they have been in lower intensity amd they were nicely colored....it seems after I turned it up they started turning one color
 
Have you tried dosing with anything to help with color?
 
Have you tried dosing them with t5's

:D
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new