Colorado reef clubs

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just moved to Thornton. Are there any good active clubs in the area? Also, I’ve seen a number of lfs around but haven’t visited any yet. Which ones would you guys recommend?

kamakazian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@flagg37 Assuming you're wanting saltwater livestock, I believe the closest LFS would be About Fish in Westminster. I love the place. You can tell they take good care of their fish, they usually have a good selection, and are competitively priced. They also sell coral, but if that's what you're going for, the best (and closest) pieces will be at Elite Reef in north Denver; I value their knowledge base the most. Liquid Kingdom in Broomfield has a good selection of fish and some coral, but generally a little bit pricier; friendly staff though. If you feel like going into Boulder, hit up Exotic Aquatics. Great staff and decent selection of fish and inverts. Don't bother with Aqua Imports (they treat their fish like crap and most everything is overpriced).

Have fun exploring the area and welcome! PM me if you ever have any interest in frag swapping :)

OP
OP
flagg37

flagg37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@flagg37 Assuming you're wanting saltwater livestock, I believe the closest LFS would be About Fish in Westminster. I love the place. You can tell they take good care of their fish, they usually have a good selection, and are competitively priced. They also sell coral, but if that's what you're going for, the best (and closest) pieces will be at Elite Reef in north Denver; I value their knowledge base the most. Liquid Kingdom in Broomfield has a good selection of fish and some coral, but generally a little bit pricier; friendly staff though. If you feel like going into Boulder, hit up Exotic Aquatics. Great staff and decent selection of fish and inverts. Don't bother with Aqua Imports (they treat their fish like **** and most everything is overpriced).

Have fun exploring the area and welcome! PM me if you ever have any interest in frag swapping :)
Awesome. Thanks.

Reef Jedi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just moved to Thornton. Are there any good active clubs in the area? Also, I’ve seen a number of lfs around but haven’t visited any yet. Which ones would you guys recommend?

I personally have been going to Aqua Imports in Boulder CO for the last 17 years. I trust both owners in their advise. They have helped more then I can even say. Very quality store with good prices. Nice selection of corals, multiple well kept tanks. I live in Frederick now but I will forever make the trip to Boulder to get anything I need from them. MASC is a great community here in Colorado. Check out the link someone else posted above. Welcome and happy Reefing!
c45258e2fa2552267376da5680a4e968.jpg

MrChris

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for a local club as well as I live in Lafayette.
As far as lfs's go, check out Elite Reef. I promise you will not be disappointed. Check out their YouTube channel as they are very active there.

LV3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, I live in Thornton as well. MASC is a popular group. The Facebook group Colorado ReefKeepers is very popular as well. Hands down the best saltwater store for dry goods, corals, and fish is Aquatic Art. It’s not near us but no other store can match the corals they have. Another option, and it’s the same distance believe it or not is the fish crew in Ft Collins. Welcome to Thornton.

OP
OP
flagg37

flagg37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, I live in Thornton as well. MASC is a popular group. The Facebook group Colorado ReefKeepers is very popular as well. Hands down the best saltwater store for dry goods, corals, and fish is Aquatic Art. It’s not near us but no other store can match the corals they have. Another option, and it’s the same distance believe it or not is the fish crew in Ft Collins. Welcome to Thornton.
Thanks for the response. I’m not on fb but thanks for the recommendation. I’ll check out aquatic art. I’ve heard them mentioned before.

Rscott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally agree
Aquatic art is great

Kayanarka

Peg Leg Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefer in Lyons here. We have a new coral store in Firestone called Biggs Lagoon. Very clean and well maintained displays. The nicest looking store when compared to the ones in Boulder, although much smaller.

Might take a trip to Denver to check out Elite reef. Looks like they have not updated the website since August 2019, are they still going strong?

dr01dy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, they are very much alive and doing very well. I think it's one of the best shops in Colorado given their mix of corals and dry goods. They are open Wednesday - Sunday

Kayanarka

Peg Leg Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes, they are very much alive and doing very well. I think it's one of the best shops in Colorado given their mix of corals and dry goods. They are open Wednesday - Sunday
Thanks, we made the trip Saturday. Went to aquatic art first and then stopped by elite reef on the way back. Have to support all the great stores right!

N1tew0lf1212

...Cronies Secretary...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live in loveland and just getting back into the hobby. Have been checking out biggs lagoon smaller family owned but very awesome people. Always willing to help with anything anyone have any frags for sale or anything?.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back