ColoredRock's ELOS System 70 Cube

ColoredRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EDIT: 10/26/2021 Seam was growing about an 1/8 of an inch a week... my fault, beautiful tank. Bought used it was up for 3 years and then sat dry for 3 years. When you see pods swimming where they shouldn't... you know its only a matter of time :(

got a RedSea 300xl build thread incoming.

It simply easy to take it SLOW, right? I'm holding to it this time!

My History:

R2R' Meet & Greet Forum Post Aug 9,2021

Equipment:
ElOS System 70 Cube (leak tested for 3 days outside thankfully cooler outside temps this week)
Dimensions: L:29 1/2 x W:23 3/8 x H:19 5/8
Volume: ~50 gallons
IMG_1219.JPEG

Elos 1000 Sump
Elos PS1000 Skimmer

DIY Stand
In Process will post in DIY forum soon as I have questions. DIY Post here
Sketchup Layout so far. 2x4 Stand will be skinned in Oak 1/4 plywood attached with magnets for easy access to all sides. Outside trim not added as of yet.
2021-09-02 09_43_53-tank stand down stairs v6_1 - SketchUp Make 2017.png

Lighting
Researching LED's

Dry Rock Cycle (Rock had be out of tank for over a year)
Washed and scrubbed rock off
823/21 Soaked Dry rock in 10 parts water to 1 part bleach for 24 hours
Sun/air dried for 4 days in 100 + temp (it was hot out here in Murrieta last couple weeks) to evaporate chlorine
Soaked in RODI water for 24 + hours no measurable chlorine ever.
9/1/21 Cycling in Brute with Instant Ocean Nitrifying Bacteria while finishing stand. No lighting.
- Temp 85 (will lower to ~78)
- 30 ppt (will raise to 35 ppt
9/2/21 added a rock from an established system

IMG_1220.JPEG IMG_1222.JPEG

Reef Pi Controller
Will start a thread in the DIY pi section

Last edited:

Daniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm excited to see what's next !!! :) excellent start on the stand, I like the concept of the extra shelf.... also, as a fellow ELOS owner, I get the logic behind the "extra design required" when designing the stand. The overflow plumbing poses some unique challenges where a typical square/rectangular stand just won't cut it.

Keep the pics coming!

OP
OP
ColoredRock

ColoredRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm excited to see what's next !!! :) excellent start on the stand, I like the concept of the extra shelf.... also, as a fellow ELOS owner, I get the logic behind the "extra design required" when designing the stand. The overflow plumbing poses some unique challenges where a typical square/rectangular stand just won't cut it.

Keep the pics coming!
OK.. pretty good at the computer stuff.. suck as a cabinet maker! Went back to the original ELOS stand.. I did build it.. not impressed so it is sitting in the garage, will post a pic later of it. This pic was a month ago.. will pdate the build thread this week.

Attachments

• IMG_1279.JPG
    IMG_1279.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
ColoredRock

ColoredRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fishless for now.. wish I would have taken more during the ugly phase (I know it is not over) added frags from a neighbor (crazy how the internet works) Added ten Astrea Snails .. Amazing how fast they cleaned up and happy I did it slow.. .. buying a CUC and have half of them die in my opinion whould just prolong it. Anyway.. pics are always awesome.. next on the agenda it to NOT to take pictures of windex!

IMG_1321.jpeg

Back