Old hobbies don't die.. they just slumber for a bit.

ColoredRock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!
I was in the hobby started with a 29 acrylic hand me down and then up to a 40 glass, then 180... the electrical cost got to be to much so dropped down to an ELOS system 70 (55 gal) and then got out of the hobby.. that span of time was about 20 years (got out around 2015) Started and sputtered a couple years ago with the System 70.

Back full tilt now.. Amazing how the hobby has changed.

I am going slow now…

I am in the middle of planing my stand to include all the bells and whistles that the reef-pi DYI controller offers (that is what got me interested again) ...I don’t see water in the tank for a while.

Dry Cabinet for the electronics.. ultra clean sump area etc…

Smallish fish load SPS and some LPS, zoa's and shrooms. Been awhile so need to do a lot of reading about the latest in chemical warfare :)

Researching LCD Lighting. Dosing.. all the things that have changed since I have been out.

Created an account in case I have a question, but have spent the last couple weeks just reading whats new.

Will create a build Thread once I have more to add then just the conceptual research I am doing now.

Looks to be a great community!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!
I was in the hobby started with a 29 acrylic hand me down and then up to a 40 glass, then 180... the electrical cost got to be to much so dropped down to an ELOS system 70 (55 gal) and then got out of the hobby.. that span of time was about 20 years (got out around 2015) Started and sputtered a couple years ago with the System 70.

I am going slow now…

I am in the middle of planing my stand to include all the bells and whistles that the reef-pi DYI controller offers (that is what got me interested again) ...I don’t see water in the tank for a while.

Smallish fish load SPS and some LPS, zoa's and shrooms. Been awhile so need to do a lot of reading about the latest in chemical warfare :)

Researching LCD Lighting. Dosing.. all the things that have changed since I have been out.

Created an account in case I have a question, but have spent the last couple weeks just reading whats new.

Will create a build Thread once I have more to add then just the conceptual research I am doing now.

Welcome back to the hobby!

Also Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

I am going slow now…

Welcome!

Can't wait to hear about your successes but you are so smart to research and plan so don't feel any need to rush - this is a hobby where quick still only leads to bad things. The info you knew before gives you a good foundation and new things are gravy on top. Glad you joined!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 28 60.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back