Getting back into the hobby

dimitri92

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

My name is Dimitri i am 31 years old and am a operations software engineer, I have been on and off into reef tanks since 2010. 14 years! When I type it out it seems like a very long time. While I have learned a lot in the last 14 years or so of reef keeping, I keep an open mind about learning new things and in no way do I think I know everything there is to know about this hobby. I just got my 90 gal system up and running at the beginning of January and am excited to watch my tank grow and thrive into a beautiful ecosystem.
I have been using reef2reef for as long as I can remember for questions, but only recently created an account.
Very excited to be apart of this every growing community

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome33.gif

alpenreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

My name is Dimitri i am 31 years old and am a operations software engineer, I have been on and off into reef tanks since 2010. 14 years! When I type it out it seems like a very long time. While I have learned a lot in the last 14 years or so of reef keeping, I keep an open mind about learning new things and in no way do I think I know everything there is to know about this hobby. I just got my 90 gal system up and running at the beginning of January and am excited to watch my tank grow and thrive into a beautiful ecosystem.
I have been using reef2reef for as long as I can remember for questions, but only recently created an account.
Welcome back fellow code monkey. This hobby is great to make me forget the stress of my job.

Roatan Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

Welcome to R2R
200.gif

alpenreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost 2 months in! Will make a new thread with the build process! Using an old Kessil light form like 10 years ago. I haven’t turned on the light yet just did it for this picture.
Love the 2 island with trench look. You may need more than one kessil :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back