Colors Morphing as Zoas Touch

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, my LC Starfighters and my Goblins on Fire have been growing into each other over the last two months. I’ve noticed one polyp is turning into a weird blend of their two colors. So odd! Anybody else seen this happen as zoas start touching? Almost like a grafting of both colors?

377EBBEA-DDA4-409D-A549-9C076FBFD495.jpeg

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar species of zoas do seem to be able to intermingle. You could have a new morph on your hands. If the rocks removeable id personally frag that individual and try to see if itll grow more of the same color

OP
OP
JaaxReef

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar species of zoas do seem to be able to intermingle. You could have a new morph on your hands. If the rocks removeable id personally frag that individual and try to see if itll grow more of the same color
Wonder if I frag it out of there at some point if it would continue to look like that. Looks awesome.

OP
OP
JaaxReef

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be trying that tonight! It is on my Zoa island which I frequently remove to frag off of.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back