Colouration & STN

brianxcheng

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m happy on my tank, but lately both on my NP down to zero by Hanna checker. Just a bit worry will something bad happen. Normally I try to keep my NP in detectable range. And some SPS start STN from bottom, but it’s stop n only happen in the bottom part. So far SPS Ployp extension well, except bird nest n some Montipora wasn’t in good sharp. Anyone can give me some advice on the colouration. And how to keep my Nitrate in detectable range or it shouldn’t be a concern. I try to feed a bit more 2 time pre week on mysis, oyster feast & ROE. Thank

also attach my ICP test a month ago

IMG_8650.jpeg IMG_8649.jpeg fffdb046-3887-4ffe-b45d-88ae9225fd6e.jpeg 7d91dad3-ddd7-42e1-84aa-1ef8d31b33c6.jpeg

BairCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Def want to keep nitrates detectable. Auto feeder and pellets is the easiest way to get it back up and you can dial it in pretty easily. I also add some reef roids in mine to help with phosphates. Your tank looks good and your tests show pretty good too. You actually have floride and cobalt! Don't know if you're going to get much more color than what you have unless you get more nitrates in the tank. Other than that good luck!

OP
OP
B

brianxcheng

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes sorry I also including roids as well with oyster feast n ROE, but my nitrates still Zero. That’s why I’m kind of worry thank

BairCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say time for some more fish then! I mean you could always dose nitrates if you dont want more fish. But i think fish and their waste has some nutritional value for corals as well. Plus always nice to have another little buddy in the tank

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 108 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back