OP
Calebd91

Calebd91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+2

I see ich on the dottyback and probably on the clownfish as well. However, as mentioned, multiple diseases can be at play - I don't see any evidence of Velvet, but I cannot rule out flukes, or Brooklynella (less likely).

Treatment is going to be the real trick here - without a quarantine tank you will be severely limited to what you can try.

Jay
I’m looking into getting a QT setup, would a 15g be sufficient and would I need to put all my fish in there?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking into getting a QT setup, would a 15g be sufficient and would I need to put all my fish in there?
To treat for ich, yes you will need to move all the fish out and treat them.
I can’t say if the 15 will be large enough, that is always a judgement call, and then, if the tank is too crowded, controlling the ammonia will be really difficult. You’ll need to add enough bacteria from filter media or bacteria in a bottle to keep the ammonia level near zero.
Jay

OP
OP
Calebd91

Calebd91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To treat for ich, yes you will need to move all the fish out and treat them.
I can’t say if the 15 will be large enough, that is always a judgement call, and then, if the tank is too crowded, controlling the ammonia will be really difficult. You’ll need to add enough bacteria from filter media or bacteria in a bottle to keep the ammonia level near zero.
Jay
Yea I was afraid 15 would be to small for them all, i only have a nightstand space to really work with so I’m trying to weigh my options an see if I can manage to fit like a 40 breader some where.
I don’t suppose there are any treatment options to use in the display?

OP
OP
Calebd91

Calebd91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update…..sad to say have had some casualties.
Ruby red dragonett
One clown
Neon dottyback

It would be my luck that I have been on mandatory overtime all this week so getting home at 7pm an later each day an leaving at 5am has not made it easy on trying to sort this mess out.
im looking at going today to find a QT setup. I want to make sure I get one that I can use for all future fish such as tangs or any other large fish as we plan on a 200+ gal setup when our new house gets built.
Would a 29 standard be ok? As I can get a whole setup from a friend sooner than anything else. Or should I try an figure out how to fit a 40b somewhere? Won’t be as soon and won’t be as easy but if that’s the best choice I will do what I can.

Thanks

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't even need a tank. A Rubbermaid container from target will work.

Do you have any cycled sponge type media you can add into the qt to help control ammonia?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back