Come kill time and lets talk stocking with a Volatin lion

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I know I'm doing a 180g-220g size build in a year been giving it some some thought as to if my current 90g will morph to sps dominant or go high end sps nuts in the big tank. Always have wanted a lionfish so screw it the 180g will be a mixed or softy dominant predator tank and 90g will be where I throw the energy at keeping sps thriving.

Leaves me with the question of what to stock that won't be snacks. What I'm thinking is:
Lion
Niger Trigger
Snowflake eel
2 Maroon clowns
Purple Tang
Sohal/clown/blue/Acan. Sp. Tang

What would you do?

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have u kept an eel? I dont like. Lol.
I like.zebra species tangs not the long bodies. Those belong in the ocean imo or a 300+gal.
The maroons are good if big enough.
Add other triggers. Add other fish. Id have to go gander.
D

OP
OP
R

reefinatl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have u kept an eel? I dont like. Lol.
I like.zebra species tangs not the long bodies. Those belong in the ocean imo or a 300+gal.
The maroons are good if big enough.
Add other triggers. Add other fish. Id have to go gander.
D
Yeah, I had snowflake a while ago. Knocked off two watchman gobies, only wanted to eat silversides. Crustacean hunter he was not. Ended up carpet surfing after a couple years. Not in love with eels so much as it just seems like an easy one to toss in the mix.

I like zebramosa tangs but a bit concerned running multiples that is why I've got an open slot for something else. Maybe a PBT.

Triggers and lions have issues, figured the Niger would be safe-ish relative to a Huma.

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some years ago, I used to see, on the regular, a smallish tank with a lionfish and a blackedge moray which was a few inches longer than the lion. The two predators seemed to get along fairly well. Then one day, they just had a lionfish. A very fat lionfish.

Which died two weeks later, of indigestion.

~B.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.6%
  • None.

Votes: 29 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.8%
Back