OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too have a little eshopps up and running and love it. I use the protein skimmer and a little sponge filter in the overflow to keep the micro bubbles down. I got the light from frag box and it works great if you want in the blue spectrum with a built-in timer for a cheap price brand new. It has sunrise and sunset and is super quiet. I upgraded the return pump with a sicce nano for a little more flow and super silent.
Tank looks great! Is that a torcher, or an anemone of sorts?

How long ago did you get that set up? Keep up that great work!

wtdenk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! How long has yours been set up? Looks like you're going full softy too. Are those Blasto's or Acan's on the frag rack?
Little short of a year now. Started it with Tampa Bay live rock. On the frag rack was a blasto and two chalices. Won't be putting in any acros, it's tempting, but the flow isn't ideal.

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a little water change on Tuesday (about 2.5 gallons, and everything is looking good. With the current bio-load, looks like I'll be swapping out the filter floss once a week.

These little clowns are quite voracious eaters! I feed them about 3x per day Mon-Fri. For right now they eat the "small" Reef Nutrition TDO pellets with "Chroma Boost", and they love it. When I go to the LFS for some corals, i'll probably pick up some frozen food that I can throw in occasionally for them as a treat!

Only thing I hate is that during the weekends I'm unable to feed them, but I figure they can get along okay for 2 days. Last week thoough in my travels I did stop by the office to feed them.

Big fan of this little tank...now I just need my corals!

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am truly inspired to build my own now.
Go for it! If you're like me, you'll be hooked forever! I've been in and out of the hobby over the last 20 years. Started with a 20 tall, to a 50 gallon breeder, then a long pause, into a BioCube, and now my little Deskmate! Reefer for life!

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just did a little water change, filter floss replacement, and "slight" adjustment of the rock while the water level was down. I noticed that on the front right corner of the tank, the rock was just a little bit too close to the walls that the snails would get stuck, and I also wasn't able to pass my little want to clean the glass past it. Kept pretty much the exact same arrangement with just a little tweak.

Whole water change (about 2.25 gallons) took no more than 15 minutes from start to finish!

IMG_3355.JPG
IMG_3359.JPG

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came back from the weekend,d fed the fish and while the pumps were off noticed that I've got PODS!! So cool to finally seem them populated in the tank!

Probalby about 2-3 weeks until corals go in the tank....cannot wait!

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pop population exploded over the weekend! I walked in and saw them all over the glass, and swimming around like crazy! That also makes me happy b/c over the weekends I do not come into feed the tank, however I do see my clowns (even during the day), just picking at the larger pods in the tank. So I know they're still eating over the weekend.

About 2-3 weeks away from corals in my tank. Plan on getting some ebay goodies from @WWC after my birthday (hoping to score a solid 10-15 frags to seed this tank!

Love this little tank!

Tuna Melt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just did a little water change, filter floss replacement, and "slight" adjustment of the rock while the water level was down. I noticed that on the front right corner of the tank, the rock was just a little bit too close to the walls that the snails would get stuck, and I also wasn't able to pass my little want to clean the glass past it. Kept pretty much the exact same arrangement with just a little tweak.

Whole water change (about 2.25 gallons) took no more than 15 minutes from start to finish!

IMG_3355.JPG
IMG_3359.JPG
Cool tank, what morph are these clowns?

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool tank, what morph are these clowns?
They were sold to me as "semi-naked clowns" I really wanted to get the snoflake/frostbite clowns, but they were way more than I wanted to spend as I was just getting back into things. These clowns are different, and I'm a big fan of the morph!

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Little end of week update. Currently bidding on some @WWC on ebay, and looking forward to scoring some frags on todays live sale! Currently in the lead on 16 frags on ebay (which I know always changes come Monday night), but if I can score 10-20 frags for the tank, that would be an amazing way to fill out this cube and get it going!

Have a great weekend everyone!

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Friday's WWC Live Sale was a success. I picked up 2 different zoa frags (1 with 2 morphs on it), and a chalice, and looking forward to getting some more off of last weeks auction, and this upcoming Thursday's auction as my corals don't ship until 4/19. I'm very happy with what I got so far, and looking forward to what I snag up this week, and next Monday! Here's my haul so far.

Thanks for looking!
IMG_3546.jpg IMG_3545.jpg IMG_3544.PNG

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Snagged 3 corals from this weekends WWC ebay auction. A red war coral, purple stylo (I love my SPS I had to try at least something in this tank), and neon green star polyps for the rear wall!

I'm thinking I"ll have better luck on this weekends upcoming auction as I'm sure almost everyone that participated in the live sale on Friday was also trying to add corals to their cart before their order ships out!

Here's the eye candy!
ebay-purple-stylo.jpeg ebay-star-polyps.jpeg ebay-war-coral.jpeg

OP
OP
Haggisman14

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just won a R2R Raffle! I've had products from @cromag27

Back when I had my BioCube, I had a custom lid built from him, as well as some float valve holders! Love his stuff! Fingers crossed I might be able to trade in the SHU for some Nano Duo frag racks as that big old SHU won't fit into my little eShopps Deskmate.

Either way, super pumped to have won! Thanks R2R!

1681305580582.png

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back