Coming Back to the hobby after 5 years.

troywawrz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I am returning to the hobby after a long time. The main reason I shut down my tanks was because I joined the army and lived in the barracks. Now I am in a small apartment for the next couple weeks. At the end of the month Ill be moving again hopefully staying there for a few years. So I decided that this is the best time to get back into it. I will be ordering a red sea reefer 350 in the next couple weeks. My plan is to have a mostly sps dominant tank. Before when I was reefing I had a biocube and didn't have much success with sps but I was young (like 14-18) and didn't have much patience, discipline and funds to become majorly succesful. I already purchased a geisseman aurora off of the forums here because I thought it was a good deal. I know it might be hotly debated that it may not be strong enough for a completely sps tank but I did a little research on the par levels an I am extremely confident that with it turned up I will have success with it. So look forward to my build post. I move in to the Townhouse around may 23rd. So as soon as I have the funds Ill be purchasing my tank. Thanks for reading my post and I hope everyone has a great day.

Edit: I forgot to add my location. I am from Baltimore, Maryland but I currently live in Watertown NY. If anyone knows any good fish stores up here Id love some recommendations. Ive been to a couple in town but they dont seem to have any corals.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!
cbefd571f5bc9ab3bc3d2d43feb11033.gif

#WelcometoR2R

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the Reef! After you get things set up and settled if you are ever in the B-More area let me know I may have a frag or two that I can hook you up with to help you build your reef.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!

WetCat.gif

We’re glad you’re here and willing to get wet again!

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Thank you for your service good sir!

Also, keep us posted on that build thread with a lot of photos! :)

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First and foremost, thank you for your service. Secondly, welcome to R2R and your new reefing family and welcome back to the salt.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back