Coming back to the Hobby

Jonify

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

I have been away from the hobby for about 20 years. My last tank was a 200 Gall Saltwater fish only. I am not looking to get into reefing and I am most likely going to be buying the tank in the next week.

Right now I am looking at the waterbox 100.3 or the CADE Reef 900 S2. Does any one have experience with CADE?

Thanks

Richard
Welcome! I've only heard good things about the CADE, but both are great choices :)

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

I have been away from the hobby for about 20 years. My last tank was a 200 Gall Saltwater fish only. I am not looking to get into reefing and I am most likely going to be buying the tank in the next week.

Right now I am looking at the waterbox 100.3 or the CADE Reef 900 S2. Does any one have experience with CADE?

Thanks

Richard
Hello Richard and welcome to the channel.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R and back to the hobby !
goofy movie hello GIF

OP
OP
E

encathal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome, I have a Cade 600 if you have questions.
Thanks I do have one question. I ordered the Cade 900 on 1/12. My question is how long before you got the notice that it shipped. I know right now I expect a delay since their site show "Delivery enroute to USA Ship to customer January" on the main page of the 900.

Thanks

Richard

zanthian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I do have one question. I ordered the Cade 900 on 1/12. My question is how long before you got the notice that it shipped. I know right now I expect a delay since their site show "Delivery enroute to USA Ship to customer January" on the main page of the 900.

Thanks

Richard
@AlgaeBarn is great to work with on the tanks. If you reach out to them they should give you an ETA. They get them in batches from overseas. Once they get it in the US, they will schedule a freight shipment to you.

OP
OP
E

encathal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@AlgaeBarn is great to work with on the tanks. If you reach out to them they should give you an ETA. They get them in batches from overseas. Once they get it in the US, they will schedule a freight shipment to you.
Thanks. I assume that once they get them in they will start the process. I will reach out to them for an update.

Thanks again.

Richard

Tango99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

I got the CADE PR-900 back at the beginning of December 2020. It's been great so far!

[Cameron]

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back! I was out for a decade after running a big tank and just came back as well.

The Cade seems overpriced to me and strange they didn't add a fuge on their smaller volume offerings or account for clean controller space in the stand unless I am missing something. Waterbox is a well reviewed tank with an awful sump design and a meh stand IMO. I like the Innovative Marine EXT series with the aluminum stand (although leveling feet would have been nice) but I think external overflows are fantastic and I like it doesn't come with a sump. Waterbox and IM seem to be priced similarly once everything is accounted for. Cade seems to be an extra $500+ more for roughly the same setup.

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back