Comments invited: Why do some really good skimmers have seemingly random overflow?

  • Thread starter Thread starter OrionN
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have a Bubble King that has been dialed in for months. I have a very stable tank and didnt do anything differently for many months; the skimmer was perfect during that time. In the past week I started dosing Tropic Marin Elimi NP (very small doses - 1ml in my 165g setup every other day for 3 days). A few days after my 3rd dose, my skimmer went nuts. I have to believe it was the Elimi NP? its the only variable I changed in months. Would that make sense @Randy Holmes-Farley ?

Could be coincidence, or a cause and effect.

While I do not know what exactly is in Elimi NP other than organic carbon, it is not totally surprising that it might impact skimming. Since it happened days later, it could be from excretions from the bacteria that are growing as a consequence of dosing it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new