Commercial/Industrial plumber needed

pleing1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if this is allowed on this forum, so please let me know if not.

I'm in Southwest Florida (Naples-Ft. Myers area) and am having the most difficult time finding a plumber to come do a replumb on my 5,000 gallon tank. I work at a nature center and the people who installed all the filtration plumbing did a horrible job. I've been redesigning it and I just need a plumber to come in and do the installation. Every company that I've talked to either tells me no right up front or comes back and says they're not comfortable with the job. My guess is they're nervous because of the live animal component. I've reached out to some of the big aquariums in the state to see who they use.

I just need to find a licensed plumber who will do the job. I could do it myself, but I'm not a licensed plumber...Casting a wide net here (pun intended), but if anyone has plumbers in SW FL they know of who will do this work, please let me know!

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if this is allowed on this forum, so please let me know if not.

I'm in Southwest Florida (Naples-Ft. Myers area) and am having the most difficult time finding a plumber to come do a replumb on my 5,000 gallon tank. I work at a nature center and the people who installed all the filtration plumbing did a horrible job. I've been redesigning it and I just need a plumber to come in and do the installation. Every company that I've talked to either tells me no right up front or comes back and says they're not comfortable with the job. My guess is they're nervous because of the live animal component. I've reached out to some of the big aquariums in the state to see who they use.

I just need to find a licensed plumber who will do the job. I could do it myself, but I'm not a licensed plumber...Casting a wide net here (pun intended), but if anyone has plumbers in SW FL they know of who will do this work, please let me know!
Why do you need a licensed plumber? Unless the system is used by humans I don't believe you need a plumber. It is a non-potable water system correct? Your insurance company may prefer one and that is another matter. The supply chain sells fittings to DIY individuals all the time.

OP
OP
pleing1

pleing1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why do you need a licensed plumber? Unless the system is used by humans I don't believe you need a plumber. It is a non-potable water system correct? Your insurance company may prefer one and that is another matter. The supply chain sells fittings to DIY individuals all the time.
Non-potable, correct--just for marine animals. Initially, the organization wanted a licensed plumber. But it's looking like I'm going to have to push them to let me do it, with the help of some people who build in-home aquariums.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back