Comparing best halide bulbs and prices

Fact- 250w 20k radium is the best se bulb out there. For price the cheapest I have found it is $69.95

Opinion- 250w 20k radium is the best se bulb out there..... lol :-P
 
Screenshot_2015-08-02-23-59-57.png
 
I ran plusrites years back as well. I wont deny they work, but they shift Kelvin and lose par quite quickly. The price tag makes it an easy hit but it wasn't for me.
 
Don't get me wrong I have some of the best bulbs in hand e.g. Iwasaki's 15k (love em) but they need supplement lighting so I ordered the plusrites and a superactinic led strip
 
I have used the 175W pulse rite bulbs on my 150 and had ok sps growth. I switched to 250w 20k radiums and haven't looked back! I am also still using 72"vho super actinic t8 bulbs. They work great but that size is getting harder to find and the 2 cost as much as 4 t5 bulbs.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new