Complete beginner here! Just wanted to say hi.

TikiThunder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings from Creve Coeur! Just thought I'd introduce myself.

I've kept freshwater in the past, and have always wanted to try my hand at the salt side. My wife and I welcomed our second son in December, and I've needed something to keep me going in those late night feedings so I've been researching reef tanks hard. I've just about made it through BRS's entire youtube catelog. I have permission from the wife, a place picked out in the house, and am just looking for the right deal to come along on a 50 or 60 gallon tank.

I was pleasantly surprised to find this community here in town! If anyone can suggest a local shop that is good for beginners, I'd love to hear about it. I also have a strong back and a weak mind, so if anyone ever needs a hand lifting something heavy and doesn't mind the dozen questions that will come along with it, just let me know. Hope to see some of you around one day!

Cheers!
-Kevin

mjcoussens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the group! I think you will find that we have a more inclusive and active group presence on FB.

Feel free to attend our fish food-making party on the 19th. You will get a chance to meet some of us locals and learn a thing or two about keeping a reef. HMU for the address.

When you are ready to set up your reef, let me know. I'd be happy to set you up with some cycled live rock out of my sump and after that, I'd be happy to set you up with some corals to get started with.

Cheers,

Matt

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef, Kevin!

finding nemo lol GIF by Disney Pixar

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greetings from Creve Coeur! Just thought I'd introduce myself.

I've kept freshwater in the past, and have always wanted to try my hand at the salt side. My wife and I welcomed our second son in December, and I've needed something to keep me going in those late night feedings so I've been researching reef tanks hard. I've just about made it through BRS's entire youtube catelog. I have permission from the wife, a place picked out in the house, and am just looking for the right deal to come along on a 50 or 60 gallon tank.

I was pleasantly surprised to find this community here in town! If anyone can suggest a local shop that is good for beginners, I'd love to hear about it. I also have a strong back and a weak mind, so if anyone ever needs a hand lifting something heavy and doesn't mind the dozen questions that will come along with it, just let me know. Hope to see some of you around one day!

Cheers!
-Kevin
Welcome, glad you here and congratulations on the arrival of your second son! I have a weak mind and back. I lived in Chesterfield while going to school. My wife and I took full advantage of the beautiful free zoo.

OP
OP
T

TikiThunder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the group! I think you will find that we have a more inclusive and active group presence on FB.

Feel free to attend our fish food-making party on the 19th. You will get a chance to meet some of us locals and learn a thing or two about keeping a reef. HMU for the address.

When you are ready to set up your reef, let me know. I'd be happy to set you up with some cycled live rock out of my sump and after that, I'd be happy to set you up with some corals to get started with.

Cheers,

Matt
Thank you so very much! What a generous offer. I found the FB group, and will introduce myself there as well! So cool to see a community here in town. Can't wait to get rocking.

Lance A. Lot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! hope you find what you are looking for. St. Louis has a lot of saltwater stores. Im sure you will find what you are looking for quickly.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back