Completely bleached torch colony, two months no improvements

Veetz89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture was when it rapidly began bleaching, currently completely white.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated on what I could do to possibly recover and keep it alive, the polyps are still extending but I'm noticing it will retract more often now. All other corals are growing fine.

Parameters
Nitrates 2ppm
alk 8
calc 440
mag 1300
salinity 1.026
phosphates .034
temperature 77.8

The coral started bleaching when I had a couple of mishaps like tank reaching 86 degrees one weekend, salinity spikes from 1.021 to 1.025, and unstable alk.

All paramaters are and have been stable for the past month and a half since I started auto dosing and performing strict bi weekly 15% water changes

Thank you in advance!
20180920_141222.jpeg

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The good news is that the coral is still fully expanding. It is certainly bleached out. This is just a time thing now. If things remain stable it will slowly get its color back, it just takes a while.

OP
OP
Veetz89

Veetz89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The good news is that the coral is still fully expanding. It is certainly bleached out. This is just a time thing now. If things remain stable it will slowly get its color back, it just takes a while.
What could I do to help it? Lately it's been receding in certain sections but It might be because i spot fed it reef roids which I've done only a handful of times and noticed when it receded it had stringy brown stuff coming out of its center

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd just leave it be. It looks happy. No need to supplementally feed it, IMO. The brown stuff if probably it going to the bathroom :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back