Complexum gruveli - Who's got one...?

Funkateer_1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 12, 2013
Messages
122
Reaction score
72
Location
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added one. Placed under a rock overhang with very strong flow coming from behind it. Anyone get one of these little guys yet? Any success? Anyone get one to open up? Fingers crossed. 50/50 shot I have a new gem in the tank or it completely melts in a week. No stranger to NPS here, but so little is known about the species, even where it was collected.


20250211_110321.jpg
20250211_110613.jpg
 
I am not familiar with the coral, but it looks really cool.
 
I have one that opens up everyday. I feed reefroids fairly often, and a few days a week I dose a little hydrospace pns pro bio. No idea if that’s what making a difference but it’s definitely not hurting. It’s an amazing coral, I feel like I’m constantly learning more about it.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6144.jpeg
    IMG_6144.jpeg
    185.1 KB · Views: 69
I have one that opens up everyday. I feed reefroids fairly often, and a few days a week I dose a little hydrospace pns pro bio. No idea if that’s what making a difference but it’s definitely not hurting. It’s an amazing coral, I feel like I’m constantly learning more about it.
What kind of flow do you have it in?
 
I have one that opens up everyday. I feed reefroids fairly often, and a few days a week I dose a little hydrospace pns pro bio. No idea if that’s what making a difference but it’s definitely not hurting. It’s an amazing coral, I feel like I’m constantly learning more about it.
And how long have you had it?
Thanks
 
I just picked a couple up at FFM, for an NPS tank. I'm feeding phytofeast, oyster feast, PNS probio and artemia nauplii, although the latter is probably too big for these guys. Fingers crossed.
 
I just picked a couple up at FFM, for an NPS tank. I'm feeding phytofeast, oyster feast, PNS probio and artemia nauplii, although the latter is probably too big for these guys. Fingers crossed.
Lots of flow Dan!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new