Compound or dissecting microscope for plankton?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Piker
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Piker

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 10, 2018
Messages
164
Reaction score
65
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title states, I'm looking to get a microscope for phytoplankton and zooplankton. I'm on a budget. Right now I am more focused on phytoplankton, but I will be using it for zooplankton as I progress in the hobby.

I'm not afraid to go bigger, I just don't want to spend too much just to verify that my cultures are pure and to do rotifer density counts.

I'm currently considering a compound... Amazon product ASIN B07DQQKJNZ
 
Oh my gosh, I was just looking at that microscope and I thought I'd come back here to see if anyone had replied. Thanks Big G!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new