Computer Advice Please

  • Thread starter Thread starter m and m
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

m and m

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2009
Messages
3,705
Reaction score
26
Location
Nj
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I want to pick up a new 27" Imac and I'm torn on what I actually need Spec wise to accomplish what i need. I will be using it to surf the web ALOT, along with hold under a thousand songs,hold tons and I mean above a thousand pictures, and biggest thing will be run Photoshop and other photography related software. I want this computer not to be slow, I mean I will be spending hours upon hours at it editing pictures and other things My main thing will be running CS5 and music at the same time, so Basicly want something that wont hold me up.

I was looking at the top of the line 27" Imac with I7 processor and 4G of ram for 2200 but I just want to see if i could get by with a cheaper one. Here are the specs of two others i want to see if they will work.

Processor 3.2GHz Intel Core i3 processor
Cache 4MB fully shared L3 cache
Memory 4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM; supports up to 16GB
Hard drive 1TB Serial ATA1; 7200 rpm
Optical drive Slot-loading 8x SuperDrive with 4x double-layer burning (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Display 27-inch (viewable) LED-backlit glossy 16:9 widescreen TFT active-matrix display; 2560 by 1440 pixels; millions of colors; IPS technology
Video Built-in iSight camera; Mini DisplayPort output with support for DVI, dual-link DVI, and VGA video (requires adapters, sold separately); supports input from external DisplayPort sources (requires cables and adapters, sold separately)
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 5670 with 512MB of GDDR3 memory
 
They also have one with a Processor 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo That is SUPER cheap, is that any good?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new