computer help needed

  • Thread starter Thread starter JGoslee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JGoslee

Moderator
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2006
Messages
3,498
Reaction score
16
Location
Philadelphia, Pa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason the volume on my new desktop isn't working. It has worked fine for the last week but now I can't get it to play any sound. Does anyone know what might be the problem?
 
For some reason the volume on my new desktop isn't working. It has worked fine for the last week but now I can't get it to play any sound. Does anyone know what might be the problem?

Could the setting be set to mute? What's the output source...speakers?

~Mike
 
Go to Start, Right click on My Computer, Down at the bottom click Properties, front row third tab on the right click Hardware, then the first option which is Device Manager, then if there are any yellow question marks it means you need to install those drivers. Check the CD's that came with your computer. I had this happen to me about 2 weeks ago and fixed it the way I told you to.
BTW, I'm more of a Mac guy so I could be wrong(most likely). Good Luck.
 
Ok. I did what you said and everything was working properly. So I started to get frustrated and just pushed the power switch. When I rebooted the computer the sound was working. I don't get it?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new