Concerned about my Bubble Tip Anemone's Health - Need Advice!

OP
OP
OliverH

OliverH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As above says nems like a bit of nitrate and phosphate. And yes the anemone doesn’t look good but I have seen them bounce back . If it eventually not footing any more I would pull it but if it is still attached to rock and there is no death smell when you are close to the water then let it be . Also I use salfert test kits and they are good. Ph Alk nitrate mag cal phosphate. Also get them nitrate and phosphate off 0 put them up a bit this could be coral sucking it up or not enough feeding if it’s corals taking it you may have to dose for nitrate. What I would do is slow down on water changes feed a bit more and see if they come up if not then maybe dosing . How long do you run your skimmer per day . In nano tanks I don’t use skimmers just regular water changes Keeps things under control . Just keep a very close eye on it keep checking for no footing/ smell of death you won’t mistake it and cloudy water . Bits dropping off it . Then it’s time to pull it . Your water quality has to be stable no big swings . Please keep us all updated thank you
Thank you for all the advice! I truly appreciate your insights and guidance. I run skimmer 24/7 and the only thing i dose is AF Power Elixir. I'll keep updating.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back